Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dream Closet/Wardrobe

I've come across some really pretty wardrobes. 
I'm thinking of sketching and hiring a contractor to re-do my closet. Right now, my closet is a built in, which came with the house when my parents bought it. Functionality wise, its really not the kind of closet a I would find easy to store things. Women's clothing comes in all styles and sizes and that makes it hard to fold esp with drapey tops.
I've gathered a few inspirations and want to sketch my own. I like an open concept, but it would get dusty overtime. 


I like the drawers for this one and how the bar hangs from the shelf. Don't have a low ceiling for this so I can try to improvise.


I want a shoe shelf too! Not sure if I would stink up the room though


Favorite one, but way too small. 

Love this, would need a loft house, or walk in closet, but its not exactly functional for me.

Really like this one :)

This would solve my open concept dust problems

I would do a glass top and a slide out drawer for my vanity. This way I would know what accessories I have. I don't have alot though but that's because I don't wear them much, because I forget I have any.

Sliding doors tend to get spoiled but I kinda like this abit :) Not a fan of laminated white.

Basically, I want to work my way down my wardrobe. 
I want starting from left, drawers with undies, bras, intimates (like stick on bras and nipple tape), home wear, bikinis and camisoles to be on the left. Second column would have two bars, top would be for my tops, bottom would be for my bottoms/pants. I want to have a pull out for skirts and shorts, whatever doesn't look good on a hanger. Haha. Next column would be for dresses. This would take up the whole column cause I have maxi dresses, and I could have a pull out box at the bottom for misc stuff, or maybe basic crop tops, tanks, vests.. etc. Next would be a column with two bars, again, top for outerwear, and bottom for working pants, suit pants, or lesser worn ones I have (which I think I would already throw after my wardrobe clearance) Next in line would either be a column with a few sections downwards, imagine pigeonholes, for my bags. I would have a standing mirror or leaning mirror at the side and a vanity beside where I will display my perfume, place my make up and have a pull out for accessories. Below that I can throw in my hair curlers.. I would make drawers for that too.

Sounds amazing right? I like it systematic. At the bottom, hopefully if the wardrobe doesn't have planks so it won't sink down, I'd line my shoes and heels there. Only problem is that my heels are pretty high and I need a fair bit of height and I'm not sure if it would look weird. That's why I want everything pull out.

Another option is turning my whole room into a walk in, and put my bed in the middle (think diamond shape and my bed is in the middle, surrounding it would be the closet. Though it sounds ridiculous but I really think it would be so fun haha!
I have so many ideas running through my head now and I really want to pen them down. I'd be sure to scan the sketches if I sketch anything.

P/s I'm blogging so I can document my thoughts, I don't think anyone would want to read my lengthy wardrobe posts :P

If anyone knows a good contractor, hit me up? :)

post signature
instagram // @lovelledebra

1 comment:

  1. Which of these are closets and which are rooms? Half of them look way too big to be a closet. I mean, I know closet contractors that can make them this big, but after a certain size, it's really more of a room than a closet. Thiago | http://Www.stccloset.com

    ReplyDelete