Monday, March 24, 2014

Cleared-out

I took time out, like at 12am in the morning last week when I was home from a busy day to finally clear out my wardrobe. I did have problems because I have many new clothes that I knew was out of trend and couldn't be sold for much. I am a prints junkie I really am. I love everything about it, especially a pretty floral piece. 
I cleared out most of them and kept one babydoll (which I think I will eventually throw, wait I just decided I will) and a dress that cost alot which I wore and had some sort of sentimental value? So I kept it. Everything else pretty much were plain and in nice neutral ish colors, maybe one or two loud dresses but that's fine. I have cleared out 1/2 of my closet and will do a round two this week. I've decided to also give my clothes away to friends or donate those that are not very nice haa.
I also sold a few items already, mostly Love Bonito, glad that they are sought after if not I'd be losing so much $.
I do admit to shopping though, I know I know I'm clearing out my closet. I got a botanical print and tropical print maxi dress and I'm not proud of it but I gave myself an excuse that I would one day wear it on a beach-vacay, but I guess its fine if I have a few loud pieces. Haha sigh I'm so hopeless.
I also got a nice waist belt, a grey top and two sandals from Asos which look super comfy.
I've been thinking bout minimalism and fashion/style and I find it really hard to fit between the two because yesterday when I was picking out something to wear, I spent about an hour and ended up wearing cobalt....which is not what I'm supposed to be doing. You might wonder why I'm so anal with this whole thing but I just want to be very strict with myself, okay? Haha. So I decided to surf for some nice brands online that really are stylish and fashionable and yet minimalistic. Here are some photos of my fav pieces/looks
1. Celine Spring '14
My current favorite brand although I only have like one bag from there.
Love this skirt, gonna get this. Been into midi's. For every piece I add I should throw one.

2. A.L.C S/S14
Seriously love everything here. Can I have them all






3. Random Hats
As seen on instagram, I've been wearing hats. Not into fedoras but the outfit looks perfect

I'm trying to figure out how I can build my closet, if I get to, I'll do a before and after for sure! First step I did was to change out all the hangers to a uniform grey. I didn't know what color I want my wardrobe to be, it'll either be white, black or in aluminium if I do an open concept so I went with the safest color, grey. I got those non slip velvet hangers because they are so genius and cheap and pant hangers in grey too. The least I could do to make my closet look its best for now!

To end off, this is what I've bought recently. Sandals were very much inspired by Celine and the whole birkenstock trend :P




If anyone's on a wardrobe revamp to, I'd love to hear what you've been up to. :) Please drop me an e-mail if you like! 

pic credits x

post signature
instagram // @lovelledebra

No comments:

Post a Comment