Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Perfect Boyfriend Jean

The past few days I've been online searching for the perfect boyfriend jean.
I think most people know that it is now the trend, for awhile now, and it is definitely a wardrobe staple.
I used to hate wearing jeans till I worked at anf and they gave me jeans and it was so well fitted! 
I grew out of the color so I need a replacement. Anyone wanna buy my 2 pairs of ANFs? Wanna sell em cheap. Email me!

Anyways, I was looking at J Brand, and One Teaspoon. One Teaspoon has always been an awesome and super lovely brand for jeans as far as I know. Its ALWAYS sold out on Nasty Gal and super expensive for jeans. I really think I took the leap this time and invested in a pair because I am not a jeans person and I would only spend 100 on them but this pair cost me $190 SGD.

What I look for in a perfect boyfriend jean 
1. Neat Perfect looking Rips
2. A nice shade 
3. Pocket friendly
4. Perfect baggyness 
It really depends on what you like wearing!

I got the Cobain One Teaspoon Baggies in 25. I'm usually a UK8 at topshop and 25 at the waist and I wear a 34. I did some research and found that OTS's jeans run super huge! I'm so nervous. I went to ask some strangers on #oneteaspoon on instagram and asked for their regular size and OTS size. I found people who looked the same size as I did. This girl got a 24 but she wears UK6 so I thought I'd try my luck with the half size.

Another problem was finding the perfect shade. I am super particular about jean color. I have a light wash boyfriend jean from thejuicemarket and that was only $30 dollars I think. So I thought I would get a blue medium wash kind of jean. It was also hard to find the true color cause most people only have the studio photo of the jean if not when they are partying in the dark, sigh.

I wanted to settle for this pair because it was free shipping to Singapore (if you want to get it, get it quick!!)


and was in quite a nice color until I saw cobain on oneteaspoon.com.au 


I went WOW, what a gorgeous shade. Now the one on Tobi looks dull. 
I also realized that if you ship directly from OTS to Singapore, you also pay the same as buying off Tobi. So I thought I'd just get it from OTS's site.

Super excited! I will do a full fit review when I get it :)

post signature
instagram // @lovelledebra

No comments:

Post a Comment