Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Birthday Post

Due to my exams this whole week I decided to have an advanced birthday brunch and dinner with the closest people to me.

Brunch @ Artichoke 21.09
Artichoke isn't newly raved about but it was my first time goin' there. Cas works there so she suggested that I try their brunch menu.
Artichoke is located between the junction of Middle Road and Waterloo Street, 5 minutes away from Bugis. Apart from the usual western brunch I have very often, Artichoke offers a unique mediterranean menu which seems like a fusion of different cuisines to me.. Love it.
It probably was one of the best tasting brunches I've had, besides Wild Honey, Skyve.. etc. No pancakes though, but no complains from me. Only from the boyfriend.
Portions were small but it really fills your hungry tummy. I eat like a man by the way, same portions as my boyfriend.
Wenlong & I usually get a savoury and sweet to share but because they don't have pancakes..we got Scrambled Eggs & Bacon ($20) and Lamb Shakshouka ($25)
DSC_7462
The slab of bacon was real thick. Every mouth felt sinful but it was so good. The Lamb Shakshouka reminded me of Brekkie in a Pan @ Breko Holland Village, only with lamb. Tastes pretty similar.
DSC_7468
TIP: Be sure to make reservations for the weekends by Tuesday. I was lucky I got a table for 3 on Friday, usually it'll be fully booked by Wednesday or so. Yay to birthday luck.
--
Verre 22.09

Dinner was at Verre. I left the planning to Wenlong cause I wanted to feel like a princess so he found this wine bar in Rodyk Street, Verre. My mom, dad and I all ordered Beef Bourguignon, brother got lamb shank and W.l got a cod to share. The food was all so good. I don't have Beef Bourguignon much so I really liked this one it's the best I've had. I was surprised with a complimentary apple cake with ice cream and the staff gave good service. It was a nice place for dinner and its inexpensive for good french food with a wide variety of wine. A lot, really. 
DSC_7587

DSC_7583

I'm still figuring out my settings on the camera and things haven't been working out much so.. OOTD for brunch!

u1
Top coming soon on Furluxe.net / Shorts F21 / Bag A.wang

DSC_7494

DSC_7484

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment