Saturday, October 5, 2013

First names, middle names, last names

Hi everyone, 
Something that's been bugging me a lot recently especially when I get e-mails.
Let's have a lesson on first names, middle names and last names.
I'm sure most of you know our surnames are our last names.
Mine would be Tan. My surname is Tan. Tanny. Yes. Not a lot of people know that. Most call me Lovelle Debra.
But I get so many e-mails, addressed to Debra, which is really getting on my nerves.
DON'T THEY KNOW...the sequence of the first, middle, and last names.
Well this is just common sense..to me.
So Lovelle Debra is my name, right?
Debra is my middle name and Tan is the last which I don't use much. Maybe people think Debra is my surname, then please address me as Ms. Debra with a salutation. If not it would be equivalent to "Hi Tan" / Ah Tan. You know?
I'd most like to be addresses as Lovelle, which is in my IC, birth cert., given to me by my parents the second I was born, or before.
I assume that people call me Debra because they don't take Lovelle seriously because they may think that I gave it to myself when I was 12 and trying to be cool.. Which a lot of people do now and suddenly a lot of other people adopted my name even one senior. And some mutual friends. And someone I know even named her child after me- which is fine. Yeah.
I wouldn't blame anyone though for assuming so because I know its not a usual name. Wenlong wanted to look at my IC the first day we met. And he did. That was quite funny I will always remember it.
But please.......if someone has Peter Parker on their e-mail and on profile then obviously you refer, and call them by their first name, Peter. Gosh.
Lastly, just to let everyone know where Debra came from- its my baptism name. I don't like the name Debra because I was made fun of when I was little like "hahhaa eh bra." kinda thing, but I embrace it anyway, since my parents agreed with the pastor that I should have that second name.
I know this is not a post I want to have on my blog. I did not want to be a stupid lame blogger who rants and swears because of little things but I just wanted to do this once and for all. 
p/s I don't think my name is very unique and that I'm cooler than everyone else. I just find it annoying that people don't take it seriously.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment